Chocolate Toffee Matzo Bars
This amazing dessert use matzo, an unleavened Jewish flatbread, and tops it with toffee, melted chocolate, pistachios, craisins, and some sea salt for a salty, sweet masterpiece that is perfect for the holidays.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 95 minutes
4 sheets matzo
3 sticks unsalted butter
¾ cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp water
1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
½ cup chopped shelled pistachios, toasted
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
½ cup craisins
Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grab a sheet pan and cover with parchment. Place matzo on the pan covering the bottom.
- Bring butter, sugar, water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is golden brown and syrupy, 8-10 minutes.
- Pour toffee evenly over matzo and spread to coat. Bake until toffee is slightly darkened in color.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate and spread evenly on toffee matzo covering all surfaces. Top with pistachios, coconut, craisins, and salt. Cool in refrigerator for about an hour, or until chocolate is hardened.
- Break into pieces. And enjoy!